Friday, April 18, 2008

Blubonnets






Last weekend there were tons of bluebonnets so I was going to wait until later to take pictures. Then Kate got sick. So yesterday, I looked around and the bluebonnets were almost all gone! I was shocked how quickly they went away! I found one little patch and got a few shots, but Kate's latest thing is she won't look at the camera. Unfortunately, we tried to get pictures in another patch and that was cut short by Kate stepping in a fire ant mound. I was telling her not to move because she was heading for an area where I thought she might fall and slide into the drainage area which was quite a drop and she was crying. I thought she was just upset because I was using my stern voice. She did not move, I picked her up and her little feet were swarming. She looks like she has a weird disease on her feet. She was being attacked and still obeyed mommy! I was so proud of her but at the same time I felt terrible!

My favorite picture is the one of her with the stick looking back at me. She is really into sticks right now. She picks them all up and lines them up on the back patio and counts them.

No comments: